With SOLIDWORKS® Simulation Professional enables engineers to determine product mechanical resistance, product durability, natural frequencies, and test heat transfer and buckling instabilities. Pressure vessel analysis and complex loading is also supported. Your can optimize products based on a range of parameters. With the tight integration and consistent user interface across SOLIDWORKS software, the advanced capabilities of Simulation Professional can be used early in the design process to maximize quality and reduce costs.
Featured SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional capabilities:
- Optimization. Optimization can help to: Find the best alternative, Reduce time to market, Reduce cost and weight, Remain competitive, Improve product quality, With optimization capabilities you can automatically find the best design based on design intent, use any SOLIDWORKS dimension as a parameter, and put constraints such that optimum design stay within allowable stress limits.
- Drop Test. Save time and cost by reducing the number of physical tests. Drop test analysis is intuitive and easy to perform and allows you to study shifting and interaction of components in an assembly. You can calculate impact results as stress, deformation and force. You have the ability to specify drop height, impact velocity, and angle of impact. You can drop the object on a rigid floor or a flexible floor.
- Buckling or Collapse. Examine how vibrating or unstable modes can shorten equipment life and cause unexpected failures. You can also access the effects of load stiffening on frequency and buckling responses.
- Simulate Heating or Cooling. With thermal analysis you can understand the effects of temperature changes on parts and assemblies by studying conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer; utilize isotropic, orthotropic, and temperature-dependent material properties and determine thermal stress due to temperature distributions and varying materials.
- Simulate Pressure. Ally bearing loads, forces, pressures and torques and optimize designs based on structure, motion or geometry.
- Fatigue Simulation. Predict how long the product will last, modify existing design to extend working life, and identify critically damaged area. Input unique S-N curves for different material types.