SOLIDWORKS® Product Data Management (PDM) solutions help you get your design data under control and substantially improve the way your teams manage and collaborate on product development.
SOLIDWORKS PDM centralizes the storage of all your engineering data and related files to give you these benefits:
- Saves time searching with a secure centralized location for all design documents and utilization of configurable search cards which make it easy to enter search criteria
- Controls access to data so the right users have access at the right time based on where a file is in the approval process
- Effective version control helps avoid rework and scrap caused by working from the outdated versions of 3D models and drawings
- Enables remote design locations to receive real-time updates on design changes coupled with automatic notifications
- Avoids having to spend time looking for or recreating documents that have been moved, renamed, misplaced, or mistakenly deleted by unauthorized users
SOLIDWORKS PDM STANDARD is the ideal data management application for smaller single-site SOLIDWORKS customers with an easy-to-use solution that can be easily upgraded to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional when needs change. SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard utlizies Microsoft SQL Server Express.
SOLIDWORKS PDM PROFESSIONAL is an all-inclusive application that utilizes Microsoft SQL Server Standard to provide high performance and scalability, and is included along with integrations to various authoring applications, including third-party CAD applications and Microsoft Office.